The post Booking.com awards Scotland with the highest number of most welcoming destinations in the UK appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Brand TD.
New data from Booking.com, a global leader in connecting travellers with the widest choice of incredible places to stay, great things to do, and transport options, such as flights, car rentals and taxis, reveals Scotland as the top country in the UK with the highest number of most welcoming destinations in the nation.
As part of its 12th annual accolade, Booking.com has awarded a record 1.48 million travel partners a Booking.com Traveller Review Award 2024 based on more than 309 million verified customer reviews, and in recognition of delivering consistently excellent service and hospitality over the last year.
Along with Perthshire, Scotland being named as the top Most Welcoming Region on Earth*, Auchterarder in Perthshire, Anstruther in Fife, Drymen in Stirlingshire and Nairn in the Highlands have all been recognised for their warm hospitality to be awarded with a title of one of the Most Welcoming Destinations in the UK** in Booking.com’s Traveller Review Awards 2024. The accommodations profiled have also all been recognised for their consistent delivery of first-class hospitality and service.
Caroline Warburton, Destination Development Director at VisitScotland, said: “Scottish tourism is renowned for its warm welcome so it’s fantastic to see Perthshire named the most welcoming region in the world, and that four out of ten of the most welcoming UK destinations are also from Scotland. These awards show the high-quality experiences which can be found across our cities, towns, and villages.
“This year marks an exciting time for Perthshire, with the opening of two new attractions – Perth Museum and the Scottish Crannog Centre. Even more reasons to visit and experience that famous welcome.”
“Our Traveller Review Awards are our way of thanking and publicly acknowledging the top-notch service our partners provide to travellers and the critical role they play in our mission of making it easier for everyone to experience the world. In the UK, we have a wide range of destinations to choose from for every type of traveller, whether you’re after a city break or rural adventure or something in between,” said Ryan Pearson, Regional Manager UK & Ireland for Booking.com.
The four winning destinations all offer something unique to visitors:
This picturesque village sits in the heart of Perthshire, with a charming high street featuring a number of charming independent shops. Travellers can play some golf with incredible views at Gleneagles Hotel and stop off for a wholesome bite to eat in one of the many cafes and tearooms.
- Where to stay? Cairn Lodge– A charming Victorian hunting lodge with free WiFi and free parking. It offers luxurious accommodation and a restaurant specialising in seasonal dishes.
This traditional fishing village lies on the Fife coast, with stunning views of the Firth of Forth. Try out the quality fish for dinner, caught straight from the sea and look out for puffins, seals and other wildlife when taking a boat trip to the Isle of May.
- Where to stay? The Waterfront- Just a few steps from Anstruther’s harbour and marina, with views over the Firth of Forth, The Waterfront offers 4-star bed and breakfast accommodation with free Wi-Fi.
This small town is based in Stirlingshire, located in the Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. This popular town has a long history, in the 18th and 19th century, Drymen was a popular stopover for Highland cattle drovers.
- Where to stay? Dunroamin Lodges– A cosy lodge offering guests incredible mountain views as well as free WiFi, BBQ facilities, a garden and free private parking.
A seaside resort town set in the Highlands, this beautiful sandy beach is full of rich history. This is one of the sunniest and driest places in Scotland and is an ideal location for walking, cycling, touring the Highlands and golfing.
- Where to stay? Invernairne– This historic mansion includes a penthouse apartment with one of best positions in Nairn, overlooking the sea. The ideal location to try and spot dolphins, seals, yachts or a beautiful sunset.
All four destinations are within easy reach of Edinburgh and Glasgow, making them perfect for a short break or a longer holiday.
The top 10 most welcoming UK destinations according to Booking.com’s Traveller Review Awards 2024 are:
- Brampton, Norfolk (England)
- Auchterarder, Perthshire (Scotland)
- Enniskillen, County Fermanagh (Northern Ireland)
- Newcastle, Shropshire (England)
- Anstruther, Fife (Scotland)
- Portstewart, County Londonderry (Northern Ireland)
- Drymen, Stirlingshire (Scotland)
- Haworth, West Yorkshire (England)
- Woolacombe, Devon (England)
- Nairn, Highlands (Scotland)
The most welcoming regions on Earth are:
- Perthshire, United Kingdom
- Penghu, Taiwan
- Boyacá, Colombia
- Trentino – Alto Adige, Italy
- Los Lagos, Chile
- Erongo, Namibia
- Otago, New Zealand
- Lapland, Finland
- Asturias, Spain
- Friesland, Netherlands
Start the new year with adventure and save 15% or more on stays. Book Early 2024 Deals for travel anytime between 1 Jan – 1 Apr 2024.
The post Booking.com awards Scotland with the highest number of most welcoming destinations in the UK appeared first on Brand TD.