This website may contain affiliate links and advertising so that we can provide recipes to you. Read my disclosure policy.
This fresh and hearty pizza salad has all of the delicious flavors of classic pizza but without the crust. This healthier, low-carb version of a slice of pepperoni pizza fresh out of the box is loaded with delicious ingredients that will make you come back for more!
I love creating new and unique salads! I load them with satisfying ingredients that are both nutritious and super tasty. This La Scala chopped salad is always a favorite! Or, try this cheeseburger salad or this classic Spaghetti Salad that everyone loves!
What is Pizza Salad?
Pizza salad is an irresistible combination of salad ingredients that tastes just like pizza! This is one salad that even the kiddos can get on board with being served. Not only is it really tasty, it’s quick and easy to make and really filling, too. Plus, I add in some crunchy croutons to take the place of pizza crust.
This pizza salad can definitely be served as the main dish because everything is already on the plate! However, it also makes a really delicious side served with bubble pizza, pizza monkey bread, or with a pasta dish like 10-minute pesto pasta!
What Ingredients are in Pizza Salad?
This pizza salad recipe is filled with simple, refreshing ingredients and it comes together way faster than an actual pizza. You’re going to want to add this to the regular menu rotation! Check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact measurements.
- Romaine Lettuce: I love romaine lettuce for crisp, crunchy texture and bright green color!
- Black Olives: I add these in for a tart flavor. You can get the pre-sliced ones to save some time!
- Red Onions: These give the salad a pop of flavor and color.
- Pepperoncinis: Zesty pepperoncini peppers add so much flavor. However, if they’re not your thing, you can totally leave them out.
- Grape Tomatoes: You can also use cherry tomatoes if you have those instead!
- Pepperoni Slices: Buy mini pepperonis or slice regular pepperoni in half so that you have the classic pizza taste in every bite.
- Green Bell Pepper: For a little extra texture and crunch!
- Mozzarella Cheese: You can shred this from the block or use pre-shredded cheese.
- Parmesan Cheese: I use freshly grated parmesan cheese (not the cheese from the green can) in this recipe.
- Croutons: These add a delicious crunch! Try making some from scratch with this homemade crouton recipe.
- Pizza Seasoning: To give this salad a classic pizza flavor, make your own pizza seasoning!
- Italian Dressing: I love this homemade Italian dressing! It’s easy to make and tastes so yummy!
- Red Pepper Flakes: Finish the salad with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a touch of heat.
How to Make Pizza Salad
This is a great recipe to make on busy weeknights when you need to get a quick meal on the table. It’s quick and easy to prep the veggies, toss it with the dressing and serve!
- Combine Salad Ingredients: Prep all of the salad ingredients and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Add Dressing: Drizzle the salad with dressing and gently toss until well coated.
- Serve: Garnish with red pepper flakes and enjoy!
I love this recipe as-is! But one of the best things about pizza salad is that it’s easy to change up to make it perfect for you! Here are some tasty suggestions:
- Lettuce: I like romaine lettuce best because it has a great texture! But you can use iceberg or spinach if you prefer.
- Add More Meat: Try adding in some bite-sized salami, bacon, cubed chicken, or some sausage!
- Remove the Meat: You could also make this vegetarian by removing the meat, especially if you serve it as a side dish.
- Cheese: Try using provolone or asiago. You can usually find a five-cheese Italian blend at the store, too!
- Add-Ins: Other ingredients that would be delicious are sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, chopped artichokes or freshly sliced mushrooms.
- Swap Dressing: Try this copycat Olive Garden salad dressing or some ranch dressing. They will make this salad so delicious!
Make Ahead Tips and Storing
To make serving this pizza salad super quick and easy, you can assemble it beforehand. Here’s how:
- To Make Ahead: Prep all of the ingredients except the dressing, pepperoncini, and croutons. Place in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for up 8 hours ahead. Just before serving, toss the ingredients and add in the pepperoncini, croutons, and dressing.
- Store Leftovers: If you think you will have leftovers, I recommend serving the croutons and the dressing on the side, letting each person top their own salad. Store leftover pizza salad in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will last 1-2 days (longer if there is no dressing on it)
Pin this now to find it later
Prep all of the salad ingredients and add to a large mixing bowl.
Drizzle the salad with dressing and gently toss until well coated.
Garnish with red pepper flakes and enjoy!
Serving: 1cupCalories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 11gFat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 691mgPotassium: 245mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 4479IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 229mgIron: 1mg
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.