REVIEW – For many years I have used a Gillette Power Proglide as my go-to shaver for my face and bald head. Every so often, I test a battery-powered electric shaver hoping to find one that can shave just as smooth as the Gillette and is easy to travel with. After all, the Gillette replacement blades are expensive and I need to have it in a travel case. So far, I have not found a replacement but this yoose ICE electric shaver looks promising.
What is it?
The yoose ICE electric shaver is a cyberpunk “transparency” shaver designed for the person on the go. The transparent body allows you to see its internal mechanical structure. There is an indicator light that displays the status of the machine in real time.
What’s in the box?
- 1 x yoose ICE electric shaver
- 1 x Accessory Case with Additional Blade
- 1 x USB-C Charging Cable
- 1 x Cleaning Brush
- 1 x User Manual
- Suitable for: DRY ONLY
- Device weight: About 110g
- Charging time: About 1 hour
- Water-proof level: IPX-7
- Size: 53.6mm x 29.8mm x 67.6mm
- Battery capacity: 180 mAh * 2
- Battery life: About 60 minutes (Last for 30-60 days for shaving 1-2 minutes per day)
Design and features
- Design: Revolutionary cyberpunk design cool & sharp
- Blades: German imported blades that sharpen as you use them more
- IPX7: International standard waterproof level, easy to clean & keep it safe from incident
- Magnetic head: Easy to clean tech, hassle-free to clean it every time after every shave
- Global standard charging port: Type-c charging protocol, easy to charge anywhere
The yoose ICE electric shaver is a small compact transparent shaver that features blades that are connected macnetically. It has a control button and LED status indicator on one side that displays the status of the machine in real-time. The USB-C charging port is on the bottom. (See photos below)
The only thing I needed to do to start using the yoose ICE electric shaver was to charge it.
The photo below shows my cheek before shaving with the yoose ICE electric shaver.
The photo below shows my cheek after a quick shave with the yoose ICE electric shaver.
This yoose ICE electric shaver is a nice travel shaver that does a decent job on my face and will remain in my traveling bag. My face was smooth enough but it cannot do as good a job on my head as my Gillette. Nevertheless, I believe that most people will be looking for a quick and clean facial shave and this shaver will work well. it is also lightweight and compact. I have not tested it to see if it is waterproof since the information provided left me a bit weary. Its specs say IPX-7 waterproof rating while at the same time, the manual warns you to keep it dry.
What I like
- It is a very nice design
- It is compact and lightweight
- It does a good job of shaving my face
- It is rechargeable
- The batteries can also be changed by the user
What I’d change
- Not sure about the waterproofing factor. The specifications say IPX-7 and the manual says “Keep Dry”
The yoose ICE electric shaver is a nice compact and lightweight mini shaver that does a good job shaving my face. While the shaving result on my head is not nearly as close as the Gillette, it would work when I am in a bind and need to shave my head and cannot use the Gillette. Nice travel shaver.